Friday, December 3, 2010

Sour Cream Waffles

In winter time at my house the sun came up about  8:00 - 8:15 in the morning  but  cloud came early too. Someday we only feel sunshine about 2 hour and that it. It's happen a lot of day in winter time make me even want to be in the kitchen more. Usually I made big breakfast I love eating my first meal of the day big and full then I will  have energy to do thing or working. That's my meal everyday should have rice and Thai food (different dish) and the kids love rice. Today will be one of those day we tried of the Thai breakfast  then I think about making waffles right of way it's just came up to me because I know all my kid will love it and my husband he not big fan of sweet in the morning but he will have it some. Anyway this recipe it easy and light (we don't like some heavy beady taste either ) but you should have sour cream ! it make it different believe me.


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
Maple syrup or jam, for serving
Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Lightly oil the grids. Meanwhile whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to combine and make a well in the center. Whisk the melted butter, milk, sour cream, and eggs in a medium bowl until well combined and pour into the well. Whisk just until smooth; do not over mix.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of each quadrant of the waffle iron and close the iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve the waffles hot, with the syrup passed on the side.
Makes twelve 4-inch waffles.

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment