Sunday, November 28, 2010

Soup of the day!

At my house 3 : 30 pm. seem so dark today because the sky covered with rain all over the island. I am so happy very time is rain.  In Maui some time did not rain much I mean some part of island so the other part normally rain most  of the time  like Haiku and in that part they grow anything good. I mean everything tomato, fruit, green salad, herb very thing. In  kula (my house) some thing can grow like lettuce, cilantro, cabbage, onion ( Maui onion ) and more but not good like in Haiku. The thai lady that I know she grow many thing in her farm in kula  and she sale it in the farmer market in town every week.
Today I made my mom recipe soup very good with beef and chicken. But today I use the left over turkey from thanksgiving. It's actually very good!



Recipe
1 lb. Turkey
2 medium onion cut cube
3 tomato cut cube
3-4 potato cut cube
2 carrot cut cube
4 cup of home made stock
salt and pepper
1 bay leave
green onion

Heat the stock and 2 cup of water on the hight heat. Add beef turn down heat to medium and cook until tender about 45 min. Then add bay leave and potato, carrot salt and pepper.  Cook until potato is cook and a little bit soft and add tomato cook for just until tomato just  cook then turn off the heat. Garnish with green onion.

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment